The Ultimate Windows Vista Resource
Take full advantage of the high-performance features available in Microsoft Windows Vista and experience the power of this integrated, next-generation operating system. Windows Vista: The Complete Reference shows you how to install and configure Windows Vista for optimal performance, customize the streamlined new desktop, display sidebars and gadgets, and enjoy all the entertainment capabilities, including music, movies, and games.
Find out how to manage your files, install software and hardware, and use the latest Internet technologies. You'll also learn to secure your system, back up and restore your files, and set up a Local Area Network (LAN) so you can share resources. Filled with clear screenshots and detailed explanations, this is your one-stop guide to mastering Windows Vista.
- Customize your desktop with new UI components
Use the new User Account Control (UAC) to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer
Manage files and folders using Windows Flip 3D and Windows Live Taskbar thumbnails
Protect your files using the Backup and Restore Center
- Manage and edit your photos with the new Windows Photo Gallery
- Keep track of your appointments with the new Windows Calendar
Use Windows Media Center to record live TV and radio, view digital photos, play music, and burn CDs and DVDs
- Connect to the Internet and use Windows Mail, Internet Explorer 7, and Windows Live Messenger
- Secure your PC and use Windows Update
- Troubleshoot and tune Windows Vista for maximum performance