Comprehensive coverage of DNS Server management.
Manage, optimize, and interconnect your Windows 2000 Active Directory networks using DNS and the vital information contained in this comprehensive volume. Networking expert William Wong provides hands-on detail on every aspect of DNS--the address management protocol used by Windows 2000 Active Directory domain controllers. It's all here--from installing and configuring DNS, integrating with DHCP and Active Directory, to employing multimaster replication, using the Internet, and optimizing performance. Windows 2000 DNS Server also contains in-depth coverage of DHCP, WINS, remote system administration, and command line management using DNSCMD.EXE and DNSSTAT.EXE. Plus, you'll get 8 pages of network blueprints that illustrate design, installation, and architecture issues.
- Set up and maintain Windows 2000 Active Directory and DNS
- Migrate existing Windows NT and UNIX networks to the Windows 2000 DNS
- Exploit the interaction between Dynamic DNS, Active Directory, and DHCP
- Use DHCP to dynamically update DNS
- Simplify administration with the DNS snap-in for the Microsoft Management Console
- Deploy automatic zone updates and reverse lookup zones using Active Directory-integrated zones
- Centralize and simplify system administration using Active Directory multimaster replication
- Master the DNS command-line tools