Your hands-on resource in Windows 2000 - the business operating system for the next generation of PC computing.
Build a firm foundation in Windows 2000-the business operating system for the next generation of PC computing. Windows 2000: A Beginner's Guide is a step-by-step tutorial and reference that's packed with real-world examples and concise explanations. Blueprints, block diagrams, and screenshots illustrate in detail how every feature of Windows 2000 works and how elements relate to one another. You'll learn how to deploy and configure Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000 Professional, optimize network efficiency with Active Directory and distributed services, and communicate using routing, remote access, and telephony applications. Plus, you'll get detailed instructions on Implementing Internet Information Services and the Microsoft Management Console.
- Install, customize, and maintain Windows 2000 Server and Professional
- Understand the Windows 2000 communication and networking infrastructure
- Implement distributed services and the Distributed file system
- Organize and track users, computers, and policies with Active Directory Services
- Communicate securely using routing and remote access
- Manage Web sites using Internet Information Services 5.0 and WebDAV
- Simplify system administration using the Microsoft Management Console
- Implement the latest security using Kerberos, PKI, encrypted files, and smart cards
- Integrate or migrate a Novell NetWare network into Windows 2000
- Utilize advanced power management and offline files with mobile computers
- Automate the setup of Windows 2000 Professional on a number of computers