- Fun FORMAT makes this complex subject EASY to GRASP
- SOLUTIONS to typical problems are EXPLAINED in full DETAIL
- Perfect for SELF-STUDY or CLASS supplement
- Great for quick REVIEW or help PREPARE for the Physics Qualifying EXAM
LEARN QUANTUM MECHANICS AT WARP SPEED!
Now anyone can master the basics of quantum mechanics -- without formal training, unlimited time, or a genius IQ. In Quantum Mechanics Demystified, physicist (and student-savvy author) David McMahon provides an effective and illuminating way to learn the essentials of quantum mechanics.
With Quantum Mechanics Demystified, you master the subject one step at a time -- at your own speed. This unique self-teaching guide is filled with solved examples throughout, and offers problems to try at the end of each chapter to pinpoint weaknesses. A final exam serves to reinforce concepts covered in the entire book.
This fast and entertaining self-teaching course makes it much easier to --
- Master serious quantum mechanics in easy-to-follow steps
- Cut through the jargon and learn how to do quantum mechanics using worked examples
- Reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses with questions at the end of each chapter and a comprehensive final exam
- Learn about Schrodinger's equation, one dimensional scattering, Hilbert space, and the density operator
- Find extensive explanations of spin and angular momentum, vector spaces, matrix mechanics, the harmonic oscillator, and the hydrogen atom
- Perform better on qualifying or placement exams
- Take a "final exam" and grade it yourself!
Clear enough for beginners but challenging enough for those who already know something about advanced physics, Quantum Mechanics Demystified is the best self-teaching tool you can find!