Picks up where most verb books leave off to show language learners how Spanish verbs are actually used
With the help of dozens of practical examples and exercises, author Rogelio Alonso Vallecillos goes beyond conjugations to show readers how verbs function in context and how to integrate them into meaningful sentences—an indispensable step on the way to developing mature Spanish-language communications skills.
Word placement, the subjunctive mood, the correct uses of the two “to be” verbs, ser and estar, using verbs with prepositions, and all other aspects of Spanish verb usage that are particularly troublesome to English speakers are clearly explained and described in detail. An important resource for serious, intermediate-level Spanish language learners, Essential Spanish Verb Skills:
- Takes a unique “through English eyes”approach to explaining the Spanish verb system
- Includes special chapters devoted to troublesome verbs
- Contains a handy appendix featuring tables of difficult verbs
- Features dozens of practical exercises
- Focuses on correct usage and sentence building
Proper verb usage is one of the building blocks of language mastery. Essential Spanish Verb Skills is the all-important tool for intermediate Spanish students to hone their skills for Spanish usage and expression.